Tuesday 3 April 2012

2012 entry - TURKEY: Can Bonomo - Love Me Back

Draw: 2nd Semi (13)


The Turks have traditionally chosen their entries internally. The last time TRT held a national final they chose the hysterical Gulseren and the entry Rimi Rimi Ley. It came thirteenth which is the worst Turkey has come in the final in this last decade.

January 9th was the date that Turkey announced their singer to be Can Bonomo and this was followed closely (Feb 22) with the actual song. Can is a quirky fellow and he has a style of his own. It may be an outfit to go with the seafaring theme of the song, maybe he likes it, maybe he is deranged. The last time a gentleman wore a fisherman's cap upon an ESC stage they finished second from last.

As you may have guessed, I'm not liking this and it pains me to say this as I love the Turkish entries. I don't like the man, I don't like the words, I don't really like the music nor the na ni na ni words. I may be wrong, but I see another year with no Turkish song in the finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment