Wednesday 25 April 2012

2012 entry - RUSSIA: Party for everybody - Buranovskiye Babushki

DRAW: Semi 1 (14) 

March 7 was the day Russia chose their song out a huge 25 song national final. This final included Polina Smolova, Belarussian entrant of 2005, Dima Bilan, ESC winner in 2008 and he teamed up with Yuliya Volkova, the dark haired lady from T.a.t.u. and a gent called Farinelli Balls. The winner though was none of the above, but six harmless grandmothers from Udmurtia, somewhere in Russia

I will admit that I don't like entries where there are a handful of words sung in English. It is a cop out. This one has the added bonus of 'boom boom' said about six time through the song. I'm not sure about anyone else, but i feel uncomfortable about someone twice my age saying boom boom to me - maybe I am strange.

It is not a bad effort and it ridiculously addictive. But if they turn up and their garments have neon lights sown into them or they start rapping, I'm turning off the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment